When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer's Internet Protocol (IP)address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.Device Data
We may also collect data about the device you're using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies ofPersonal Information
For the survey-matching, we will ask for "personal information", such as your:
Furthermore, we may require the following information:
And other observable/demographic information:
For data asked during external surveys: Make Opinion is not the owner/sponsor of the surveys redirected too and all results and data are owned by the sponsor of the survey.
For respondents on surveys provided through Make Opinion: We collect the answers which you give to our prequalification questions on behalf of our customers inside our application. We may ask for your e-mail address, so you can log in to our service from several devices or different publishing partners who are using the Make Opinion application.
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it's necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don't keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Your data will be processed in accordance with the following legal provisions:
- In relation to data submitted in forms, surveys, etc. with your consent, Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR
- With regard to the services that you use to fulfill the contract, Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR applies
- Otherwise, in particular with regard to statistical data and online identifiers based on legitimate interests, Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR (for all log data, device data, and personal information listed under “1. Information we collect”).
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our website;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record-keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research, and business development, including operating and improve our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including sending you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
We may disclose personal information to:
- third-party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data.
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in Germany, where we or our partners, affiliates, and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.Access and data portability
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or another easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.Correction
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, or out of date.Notification of data breaches
We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.Complaints
If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.Unsubscribe
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Make Opinion GmbH Data Controller
This policy is effective as of July 01, 2021.
For members using our services from China: I understand that my personal information will be processed outside of China in the following countries: USA, Canada, France, Romania, Israel, Pakistan, and India by your trustees Toluna, IPGeo, and IPQS.
LGPD PRIVACY NOTICE
- The right to confirmation of the existence of the processing. You have the right to ask that we confirm whether we process your personal data.
- The right to access the data. You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with, including information about any public and private entities we have shared your personal data with.
- The right to correct incomplete, inaccurate, or out-of-date data. If you want to correct or revise any of the data we retain on you, you may do so by accessing your account and the information contained within it or contacting our team.
- The right to anonymize, block or delete unnecessary or excessive data or data that is not being processed in compliance with the LGPD. Please note that, depending on the request, this may result in a suspension or discontinuation of certain services and may be governed by legal and/or contractual retention guidelines.
- The right to the portability of data to another service or product provider, by means of an express request. We provide you with the ability to move any of your account data to a third party, at any time.
- The right to delete personal data processed with the consent of the data subject. You have a right to request the permanent deletion of your data, subject to certain exceptions. However, please note that exercising this right may result in a suspension or discontinuation of services and may also be governed by legal and/or contractual retention guidelines.
- The right to information about the possibility of not giving consent and about the consequences of the refusal. You have the right to ask us to provide information about the possibility of not giving consent for the processing of your personal data and the consequences of such refusal.
- The right to revoke consent.
Please note that not all of these rights listed above are absolute, and limitations/exceptions apply in some cases. For example, we may not be able to fully comply with your request if we are bound by certain legal restrictions or contractual requirements, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision.
Exercising Data Portability and Deletion Rights
To exercise the data portability and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or a legal representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 15 days of its receipt but no more than 30 days. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request.
If you have provided data to Make Opinion GmbH regarding a client of yours, which is subject to the LGPD, you are responsible for obtaining the proper consent from such clients prior to sharing their personal information with us.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
Postal Address: Elfenallee 5, 13127 Berlin, Germany
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit, typically containing information about the website itself, a unique identifier that allows the site to recognize your web browser when you return, additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and the lifespan of the cookie itself.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (eg. logging in), to track site usage (eg. analytics), to store your user settings (eg. timezone, notification preferences), and to personalize your content (eg. advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as "first-party cookies", and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (ie. third parties) are called "third-party cookies", and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
Types of cookies and how we use themEssential cookies
Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts, and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website.Performance cookies
Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We use performance cookies on our site.Functionality cookies
Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and time zone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customized, enhanced, or optimized content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We use functionality cookies for selected features on our site.Targeting/advertising cookies
Targeting/advertising cookies are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. Targeting/advertising cookies set by third parties may be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service. We use targeting/advertising cookies on our site.
Third-party cookies on our site
We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers before enlisting their services to ensure their practices align with ours. We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
How you can control or opt-out of cookies
If you browse websites from multiple devices, you may need to update your settings on each individual device.
Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit.